Idaho's Premiere Entertainment Expo
August 2nd though 4th 2013
Nampa Civic Center, Nampa, ID
Rules & Guidelines
- Parent Category: Fandemonium
- Published on Friday, 20 May 2011 18:56
Fandemonium's Terms of Service; Rules and Guidelines for Attendance
Last revised 08-04-2012
1.0 - [Attendance]
Last revised 08-04-2012
1.0 - [Attendance]
1.1 - Terms of Service: As a requirement for your being in attendance at Fandemonium you or if you are under the legal age of 18 your parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s), accept and agree to;
- Indemnify, defend, hold harmless, waive and release from all liability; Fandemonium, it's parent company Fandemonium Entertainment Group, LLC, it's owners, organizers, volunteers, event runners, sponsors, & partners, from all claims of damages, losses, accidents, & injuries, excluding such incidents arising out of gross negligence.
- Grant us the express permission and authority to call an ambulance and/or medical professional to assist you in the instance of a medical emergency as determined by a Fandemonium board member or duly appointed member of Fandemonium staff.
- The possibility of being photographed and/or filmed and agree to grant permission for the resulting images and/or footage to be used for commercial use in marketing and advertising materials for and by Fandemonium.
- Allow us to use your provided e-mail address to send you Fandemonium & Idaho Fan Community related promotional information. You may unsubscribe from these mailings at anytime you wish to stop receiving them. Your e-mail address will only be used for the stated purpose and it will never be shared, sold, or published by Fandemonium.
- That impersonating Fandemonium staff and/or hindering or disrupting Fandemonium staff in the course of their duties may result in your immediate expulsion from the event without refund and may include a permanent banning from all future Fandemonium events.
1.2 - Badges: Badges must be worn visibly on the front of your upper torso between neck and waist at all times. This is to help ensure the safety and well being of all attendees and that all those in attendance are supposed to be there.
- If your badge is not in the proper location you will be asked by a member of staff to correct it. Refusal to do so may result in your removal from the event.
- If you have no badge or your badge is not visible, you will be asked to purchase one or leave the convention area.
- If you lose your badge, check at Registration from 10am-6pm, or in Con Ops after 6pm.
- If you find a badge please return it to Registration immediately or to Con Ops after 6pm.
- You will be charged a $5.00 fee for replacing a lost badge.
- Those caught sharing a badge between multiple people or counterfeiting badges by means of mechanical reproduction or fraud will be removed from Fandemonium and possibly banned from future Fandemonium events.
1.3 - Weapons & Props: For your safety and in accordance with the laws and policies of the City of Nampa please be aware that while prop weapons may be freely displayed and worn inside of the Nampa Civic Center, outside of the Nampa Civic Center all prop weapons will be treated as real by the Nampa Police Department and will be responded to as such. Please do not wear or wield your prop weapons outside of the Nampa Civic Center, store them in your vehicle if you have to go off site or use the courtesy prop weapons check located at the Help Desk by the West Entrance.
- Prohibited items: We do not allow under any circumstance solid metal prop items/weapons whether live-edged or prop, real guns working or not, or real projectile weapons working or not. Never threaten anyone with a weapon whether real or fake. Do not brandish your props in a threatening manner.
- Allowed prop materials: Props may be made of any of the following materials; paper, paper mache, cardboard, plastic, pvc, hardened clay, foam, rubber, wood, rattan, bamboo, fabric, rope, wire, & aluminum foil. If you have a question about the use of a material that is not listed here then please contact us at
- Allowed Prop Weapons: Gun Props; You may use the following gun type items as props; clearly marked toy guns, empty squirt guns, Nerf Dart Guns as long as they have no ammo, Air Soft Guns as long as they have no ammo, batteries or co2 cartridges. Bow & Arrow/Crossbow Props; These are permitted as long as they are in fact props and not capable of launching arrows/bolts at others, or if they have no arrows/bolts. Sword/Knife/Ninja Weapons/etc. are allowed as long as they are non-real props made of approved materials listed above. All prop weapons are subject to prior approval by Fandemonium security staff. If they say no then it goes back into the car/hotel room, etc.
- Peace bonding: We may require peace bonding of costume prop weapons if their appearance is too realistic or if we determine it to be a hazard to others. This will be done on a case by case basis and final judgment on whether or not a prop item is to be peace bonded will be done by Fandemonium’s security or management staff. Peace bonding will be done using non-adhesive flaggers tape which is a safe non-corrosive & non-damaging bright orange plastic. Tampering with or removing the peace binding from your prop is grounds for removal from the event without refund.
- No arguments please: We are trying to keep this event fun and friendly for hundreds of people and while we appreciate all the effort you put into creating your prop and your rights as a citizen, but if we feel an item may pose an injury risk to yourself or those around you then we have a responsibility to err on the side of the safety of our attendees. Refusal to remove a disallowed prop/weapon from the premises may result in your ejection from the event without refund.
1.4 - Minors: All minors under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent or legal guardian to attend Fandemonium.
- Children under the age of 6: Must be accompanied at all times by an attending adult.
- Children under the age of 13: Must have a responsible adult in attendance.
1.5 - Nudity: Absolutely no nudity; Pushing the limits is fine, but just remember that this is an all ages event and that the State of Idaho has strict anti-nudity laws. If you're over 18 and you feel the need to take your costuming experience further than save it for Cosplay After Dark.
1.6 - Compliance; Resistance is Futile: If the staff of Fandemonium or the Nampa Civic Center asks you to quiet down, stop a particular behavior, or leave an area, please do so; if not, you will be asked to leave the event.
1.7 - Unacceptable Behavior: These are types of actions that will not be tolerated at Fandemonium. Any such behavior will result in the immediate confiscation of your badge without refund, ejection from the event and being barred from all future Fandemonium events. The proper authorities will also be contacted to deal with the situation. Disallowed behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Destruction of Property
1.8 - Borderline Unacceptable Behavior: Fandemonium has a two strikes and you're out policy for these types of behavior. If your badge is marked for any violation, be aware that any further violation will result in your being ejected from the event without refund. Disallowed behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Physical and/or Verbal harassment.
- Discrimination based on a person's; age, race, color, creed, political affiliation, religion or lack there of, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, body type, costume, cosplay or fandom.
- Use of threatening or abusive language toward other attendees or staff.
- Abuse of Fandemonium equipment.
- Disruptive or obnoxious behavior.
- Refusal to follow the requests of Fandemonium and/or NCC Staff.
1.9 - Purchases and Props: You are responsible for all items you bring into, purchase at, or come into ownership of while in attendance at Fandemonium. We do not have storage space available for these items. If you are here without a car or hotel room please keep that in mind.
1.10 - Costume Courtesy: Be respectful of others. You will see many lovely and interesting people in costume. Please respect them and ask permission before touching costumes or taking pictures.
1.11 - Boundaries: Always ask permission before hugging or glomping (tackle hug) someone. We know Fandemonium tends to be an extremely friendly and outgoing environment but not everyone is comfortable with physical contact, and some costumes are quite fragile, so always ask first.
1.12 - Bathroom Facilities: In accordance with Idaho State law please utilize only the bathroom facilities that match the gender listed on your state issued Drivers License or Photo ID. The Nampa Civic Center provides two multiple occupant Men's & Women's restrooms, and one single occupant Gender-Neutral restroom for your convenience.
1.13 - Staff Courtesy: Please treat the Fandemonium and Nampa Civic Center staff with respect. These folks are working very hard to put on this event for you so that you can have a great time.
1.14 - Photography & Audio/Video Recording: Unless otherwise posted, photography & audio/video recording is allowed at all events during the convention, excluding adult (18+) events; Please note however that some panels or events may restrict or prohibit the use of photography, flash photography, and/or audio/video recording and that you are required to abide by said policies. Any restrictions of these types will be posted outside of the event room.
1.15 - Adult (18+) Oriented Events: To gain access to, attend, or participate in adult (18+) age restricted events you are legally required to present a valid form of non-expired photo identification; State issued Photo ID, State issued Drivers License, Military ID or Passport, to confirm that you are at least 18 years of age. You must also sign a waiver of offense & annoyance to be in compliance with the Idaho State anti-nudity & obscenity laws.
1.16 - Restrictions by the City of Nampa: As a condition of attending an event at the Nampa Civic Center;
- No real weapons are permitted.
- No gang attire is permitted.
- No outside alcohol is permitted.
2.0 - [Health]
2.1 - Sleep, Food, Shower; The 6-2-1 Rule: In order to get the optimal enjoyment out of your Fandemonium experience, make sure you get at least 6 hours of sleep, 2 full meals and 1 shower with soap every day, yes we did say every day. And at least one of those meals should be something other than Ramen or Cup-Noodle; you know something with protein in it. These are not polite suggestions; these are standards that everyone will be held to.
2.2 - Hydration: Fandemonium takes place during the summer in Idaho, where temperatures can reach 110f during the day. We also play host to a number of events which require a lot of physical exertion. Also for those visiting from lower elevations please remember that Idaho is 2,400 feet above sea level, so you may become dehydrated more quickly. Dehydration will make you feel sluggish and tired, and may cause headaches and nausea. Staying hydrated is one of the keys to having a fun and enjoyable time. So visit the water stations located throughout the event center often, and remember energy drinks & soda don't count, as caffeine & sugar dehydrate you.
2.3 - Medications & Sanitary Products: Please make sure to keep any necessary medications & sanitary products that you may require with you during the event.
2.4 - Alcohol: Alcohol is not available at Fandemonium, and the Nampa Civic Center does not permit outside alcohol to be brought on the premises, if you drink before coming to Fandemonium please do so responsibly and have a designated driver. It is prohibited by .US law for alcohol to be consumed by anyone under the age of 21 and it is illegal to provide access to alcohol to anyone under 21.
2.5 - Illegal & Illicit Substances: These are prohibited at Fandemonium and on the Nampa Civic Center property.
2.6 - Smoking: Smoking is not permitted inside of the building. There are ashtrays provided outside of the East and West entrances of the Nampa Civic Center for your convenience. E-cigarettes also known as 'Vaping' are also not permitted within the Nampa Civic Center. Idaho State law requires all smokers to maintain a distance of at least 25ft from the entrance when smoking. It is unlawful for anyone under the age of 18 to smoke in Idaho.
3.0 - [Convention Center/Hotel]
3.1 - Event Center Structural Integrity: Please do not burn, jackhammer, tunnel through, paint, sketch on, eat, or otherwise damage the Nampa Civic Center. We like them and they like us, and we would like to keep it that way.
3.2 - Signage: Signs and fliers should not be hung on event center walls, furniture, doors, or windows; there will be a message/flyer area available for such materials.
3.3 - Adhesives: Duct tape is forbidden on all Nampa Civic Center surfaces, as are nails, screws, and tacks. The only types of adhesives permitted are blue painters tape on walls & Gaffers tape on the floors. You may still use Duct tape on your own costumes, props, and equipment.
3.4 - Loitering: While we want you to meet people and talk with friends please don't block the hallways and doorways, as others would like to get through.
3.5 - Motorized Transport: The only acceptable motorized transports permitted within the convention center are electric wheel chairs and electric power chairs to assist the handicap and disabled, or as part of Cosplay. No other motorized transports are permitted.
3.6 - Non-Motorized Transport: While wheel chairs are permitted to assist the handicap and disabled or as part of Cosplay, please do not ride scooters, roller skates, roller blades, inline skates, heelys, skate shoes, skateboards, unicycles, tricycles, or bicycles inside the convention center. If you have to keep your wheels with you, please carry them, bicycles however should be secured outside of the Convention Center.
3.7 - Makeup Awareness: While it is always cool to become your favorite character, please remember that temporary hair dyes and makeup can rub off on to walls, fabrics, and equipment, so please be careful that the event center and equipment don't end up stained or damaged. You will be held responsible for the replacement or repair of damaged surfaces, materials and equipment.
3.8 - Dye & Dying: If you're staying at a hotel whether the convention hotel or another local hotel please do not dye your hair, wigs, or clothing in the sinks or bathtubs. Dyes, even temporary dyes, can permanently stain sinks, bathtubs, towels, bedding, furniture, & walls. You will be responsible for the replacement or repair of damaged surfaces and materials.
3.9 - Lost & Found: Fandemonium and the Nampa Civic Center are not responsible for missing belongings, but if you should lose something, check with the Lost & Found at the Help Desk. Likewise if you find a lost item please turn it in to the Lost Found at the Help Desk. Thank you.
3.10 - Trash, Refuse, Litter: If you see any trash, please pick it up and dispose of it in a waste container. Help us keep the convention center and hotel areas clean so that they will be available for future years to come. Try to leave an area you have used in better condition than you found it.
3.11 - Equipment Failures: If their is an equipment failure of any sort at Fandemonium do NOT try to fix it yourself. Doing so may result in your being removed from the event for tampering with Fandemonium equipment or charged for damaging equipment. Instead report the problem immediately by contacting a member of Fandemonium Staff so that we may fix the issue promptly to ensure the continued enjoyment of that aspect of the event by all. Thank you.
4.0 - [Fun]
4.1 - Have Fun!: No this one is not a rule, but a sincere hope. Fandemonium comes around just once each year, so make the most of it, try to have a positive attitude, meet new people, and try new things. Do it now, or forever wish you had.
+Fandemonium's sponsors help ensure that the convention can happen year to year. These sponsors are industry leaders, conventions in the… Read More
What's Your Fandom?
Video Gaming +Fandemonium's Video Gaming room has long been considered by many to be one of the finest gaming rooms of any… Read More
Tabletop Gaming +Fandemonium provides the longest running and one of the largest tabletop gaming experiences of any established fan convention in Idaho.… Read More