Idaho's Premiere Entertainment Expo
August 2nd though 4th 2013
Nampa Civic Center, Nampa, ID
- Parent Category: Fandemonium
- Published on Sunday, 09 May 2010 00:00
The Artist Alley is a long standing feature and tradition of fan conventions. It is a place where artists of all sorts can come to display, promote and sell their works. It has also been used as a place for Fans & Groups to come and promote their Clubs, Conventions and Events.
We offer spaces in the Artist Alley as a more affordable alternative to our Dealers Room for Artists of all types who would like to sell and/or display their original art, crafts, and creations, and for Fan Groups, Fan Clubs and other Fan Conventions to promote themselves and all they have to offer.
Fandemonium offers Shared Artist Alley table spaces (4'x30") for the low cost of $15.00 USD to Pre-Registered Fandemonium 3-Day Attendees. Attendees can request up to two (2) artist alley spaces to make a full space. There are, however, a limited number of Artist Alley table spaces available: if you want one you MUST reserve it in advance by filling out our online form!
Please remember that requesting an Artist Alley space does not guarantee you an Artist Alley space. They are available on a first come, first served basis. We do have a waiting list if the Alley is full, but you are more likely to be guaranteed a spot if you act quickly!
Last Updated 4-10-2013
|Table #||Company Name||Company Website|
|3||Hold for Creative Chaos||None Listed|
|4||Hold for Creative Chaos||None Listed|
|5||Hold for carmendee||http://carmendee.deviantart.com/|
|6||Hold for carmendee||http://carmendee.deviantart.com/|
|7||Hold for DesertedDreams||Deserteddreams.tumblr.com|
|8||Hold for DesertedDreams||Deserteddreams.tumblr.com|
|9||Hold for Remmik Petra|
|10||Hold for Remmik Petra|
|11||Hold for Meikotaku||cosplayscramble.deviantart.com|
|12||Hold for Meikotaku||cosplayscramble.deviantart.com|
|13||Hold for Corfid Bizna||corfidbizna.deviantart.com|
|14||Hold for Cutestrosities Oven||http://www.etsy.com/shop/CutestrositiesOven|
|15||Hold for GOH|
|16||Hold for GOH|
|17||Hold for GOH|
|18||Hold for GOH|
|19||Hold for Milkcannon's Clay Cafe||http://milkcannon.deviantart.com|
|20||Hold for Milkcannon's Clay Cafe||http://milkcannon.deviantart.com|
|21||Hold for Morning Sky Studios||www.morningskystudios.com & www.dawnblair.com|
|22||Hold for Morning Sky Studios||www.morningskystudios.com & www.dawnblair.com|
|23||Hold for Button Mashing||https://www.etsy.com/shop/ButtonMashing|
|24||Hold for Button Mashing||https://www.etsy.com/shop/ButtonMashing|
|25||Hold for WTFcharms||https://www.etsy.com/shop/WTFcharms|
|26||Hold for WTFcharms||https://www.etsy.com/shop/WTFcharms|
|27||Hold for GOH|
|28||Hold for GOH|
|29||Hold for GOH|
|30||Hold for GOH|
|31||Hold for GOH|
|32||Hold for GOH|
|33||Hold for GOH|
|34||Hold for GOH|
|35||Hold for Vintaged Faery||None Listed|
|36||Hold for GOH|
|39||Hold for Aryssa Hutchins||http://about.me/aryssahutchins|
|40||Hold For Aryssa Hutchins||http://about.me/aryssahutchins|
|41||Hold for Mikarts||http://about.me/mikarts|
|42||Hold for Mikarts||http://about.me/mikarts|
Frequently Asked Questions: Fandemonium Artist Alley
Q: What is the Artist Alley table layout?
*Please Note that tables 15-18, and 27-34 are held for Guests of Honor. Please do not request these spaces as we will have to refer you to an alternative location (if any remain)!
Q: Why do I have to Pre-Register before I can get my Artist Alley Table?
I used to be able to buy my badge and artist alley table together, why is it different now??
A: As Fandemonium grows we need the ability to better keep your spaces and badges separate. The same procedure applies, however you have to Pre-Register first by visiting the Buy a Badge link at the top of the website and then after your pre-registration is confirmed, we can begin your Artist Alley reservation process.
Q: How much does it cost for an Artist Alley table?
A: For a shared Half Table Space (4'x30") the cost this year is $15.00 USD. You can upgrade to a Full Table Space 8'x30" for an additional $15.00 (USD), for a total of $30.00 (USD). After you Pre-Register please click the contact link on this page to request and Artist Alley Exhibitor space.
Q: Why do you require Artists to Pre-Register for the convention?
A: The Nampa Civic Center (where Fandemonium is held each year) charges us for each table we use in Artist Alley. It costs us about $525.00 (USD), and that fee does not shrink as we are charged for anything we ask for, whether they are used or not.
In the past, we have had artists and groups request tables and then not appear at the convention - this wastes your money, pushes other artists out who do have the time and willingness to use what we provide, and reduces your enjoyment of the event.
Pre-Registration allows us to verify that you are dedicated to attending Fandemonium, and that you will be using your table. Thank you for helping us make our convention great!
Q: I can only Attend Fandemonium for one day this year can I still get an Artist Alley Table?
A: Only if you are willing to purchase a 3-Day pass. We do not allow rotating table spaces at this time.
Q: What type of items am I allowed to sell in Artists Alley?
A: There are many types of Items you may sell in Artist Alley, but keep in mind that they must have been created by you.
Here are a few examples:
- Original art: Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, Japanese Anime, Animation, Comic Book, etc. themed art that you have created.
- Fan Art: Your rendition or interpretation of characters from the various genres of Fandom.
- Fan Films, Fan Music Videos (Fanvid's), Anime Music Videos (AMV's), Fan Made Music and Filk CD's that you personally created.
- Fan made Comics or Manga, Fan-Fiction, Fan-Zines, Stories, Music or Filk Lyrics you have written, etc.
- Works of Sewing, Crocheting, Knitting, Quilting, Needlepoint, etc.
- Wood works, carvings, etc.
- Metal workings, chain mail, swords & knives, etc.
- Costumes, Props, & Pieces that you have created.
If you have something that you created that you want to sell in the Artist Alley but aren't sure that it's OK, just e-mail the Fandemonium Chairman at
and she will tell you if its something that may be sold.
Q: Is there Wi-Fi available in the Artist Alley?
A: Maybe. Some years it is working, some years it has not and it has gone back and forth from a pay service to a free service to a pay service for years. This is something we have no control over: please do not assume that WI-FI will be available!!
Q: I've never had an Artist Alley Table before what should I do/bring/etc.?
A: Here are some tips for first time Artist Alley participants
1. Try to have a range of items: some inexpensive, and some more expensive.
2. If you have a lot of items or a large table display bring a handcart. There will not be a cart available to borrow!
3. If you plan to leave your merchandise in the Alley overnight please bring a drop cloth to cover your merchandise. Fandemonium does not assume responsibility for any merchandise left in the Alley overnight.
4. Bring a calculator or cash register and change. One and five dollar bills (and quarters!) vanish quickly.
5. Hand out receipts for what you sell. It helps security with potential shoplifters.
6. Make cash deposits/drops on a regular basis. Hotels have safe deposit boxes for guests and there are many banks in the downtown Nampa area.
7. Hand out flyers, business cards, or mail-order catalogs and/or get an advertisement in the program book. It helps people find your website after the convention.
8. Have at least two people working your booth(s). You'll need to get away from the table at some point, guaranteed.
9. Try to be friendly, outgoing, courteous, and expedient when dealing with potential customers. You will be surprised at how much this will help improve your selling experience at Fandemonium.
10. Don't just sit there and wait for customers to come to you. Talk to attendees as they walk past, get their attention, actively promote your merchandise and sale items. You will find that this will greatly increase your sales.
11. Decorate your Artist Alley booth space, and put a banner on the front of your table space. You are free to decorate your booth however you like, so long as it does not interfere with another artist or break any Fandemonium or Nampa Civic Center Rules.
+Fandemonium's sponsors help ensure that the convention can happen year to year. These sponsors are industry leaders, conventions in the… Read More
What's Your Fandom?
Video Gaming +Fandemonium's Video Gaming room has long been considered by many to be one of the finest gaming rooms of any… Read More
Tabletop Gaming +Fandemonium provides the longest running and one of the largest tabletop gaming experiences of any established fan convention in Idaho.… Read More